Authorized University Drivers

Faculty, staff, and student workers may apply to become an authorized University driver if they:

  • Have a need to drive a University vehicle on approved University business;
  • Are at least 18 years old; and
  • Have a valid driver’s license

Approved University business is defined as duties in support of the Murray State University mission within the scope of the faculty, staff or student worker job responsibilities, and approved by the Director, Department Chair, or a higher level. A University vehicle will only be used for purposes related to approved University business.

A University vehicle is defined as any licensed vehicle for off-campus use that is owned or leased by MSU, or provided by University donors, and used for approved University business.

The Authorized University Driver Guidelines do not apply to rental vehicles.

To apply, please submit the Driving Record Disclosure and Authorization Form to Facilities Management at For questions, please contact Facilities Management at 270-809-4127.


Article ID: 157516
Fri 8/18/23 8:47 AM
Tue 2/6/24 10:15 AM