CampusPrint FAQ

What is CampusPrint?

CampusPrint is a campus-wide printing, copying, and scanning solution for students on the Murray campus. 


How do I submit a print job?

There are four primary ways students can submit print jobs to CampusPrint.

  1. From your personal device by following these instructions. You will need to make sure you are connected to the MSUstudent wireless network on campus, or to the ResNet networks in the Residential Colleges.
  2. From an MSU computer lab that has the CampusPrint printer installed.
  3. Upload your document or file to the CampusPrint server at by following these instructions.
    Note: This website is only accessible from on campus and in the residential colleges.
  4. Send an email from your MSU email address to, and attach your document or file by following these instructions.


Is printing the only thing I can do?

In addition to printing, CampusPrint allows you to make copies or scan documents and email them to yourself.


Where can I pick up a print job?

Once you submit a print job, you can pick up that job from any CampusPrint location. Once submitted, the print job will remain in the queue for 48 hours before it is automatically deleted from the queue.


How much does it cost?

To print or make a copy, the cost is 12 cents per side for black and white, and 30 cents per side for color. Scanning a document and emailing it to yourself is free!


How do I add money to my Print Dollars account?

You can add money to your Print Dollars account via the RacerCard Self-Service Portal in myGate. On the Money tab in myGate, look for the RacerCard Balances section on the right and choose "Access RacerCard Self-Service Portal." Choose "Student & Staff Login" on the left menu, then select the "Make a Deposit" menu on the left side to add Print Dollars. Once the transaction has been completed successfully, your new balance will show up in the portal and on CampusPrint printers.

Note: Print Dollars expire each year on June 30, and no refunds will be given for remaining balances. For questions about adding money to your Print Dollars account, please contact the RacerCard office at 270-809-3003 or by email at


I got a new RacerCard, and now the system says I have no funds.

Changes to RacerCards are updated overnight in the CampusPrint system. So, if you get a new RacerCard, it will be the next day before you are able to use CampusPrint.


How do I print in color or single-sided?

By default, print jobs and copies are printed in black and while and duplex (two-sided). If you want to print in color or single-sided, you'll need to specify that when you submit your print job. On the Print screen of the program you are using, select the CampusPrint printer, then choose Printer Properties. Options for color and duplex mode can be found here. We have provided instructions for printing in color or single-sided.


What if I have a problem printing or a question about CampusPrint?

If you experience any issues using CampusPrint, or have questions about the system, please use the Service Catalog to tell us about your issue. You can also call the Service Desk at 270-809-2346, or email us at


0% helpful - 1 review


Article ID: 41067
Thu 10/19/17 4:17 PM
Thu 8/17/23 9:33 AM

Related Articles (3)

A list of the locations of CampusPrint-enabled devices.
These instructions will guide students through setting up CampusPrint on their personal devices, including Applie, Windows, Android, and Chrome devices. These instructions are specifically for using CampusPrint printers.
These instructions will guide students through releasing a print job, copying, and scanning from the CampusPrint printers.

Related Services / Offerings (1)

Use this service to report an issue with the CampusPrint student printing system.